Sunday 22 June 2008

Continental Sicilian Lemon Mousse




One of my old time favourites! Thorntons is a high-street chocolate store and although their chocolate is not quite outstandingly good, it is affordable and they do know how to blend their chocolate with good traditional flavours.

Sicilian Lemon Mousse truffles used to be my breakfast, thanks to the location of the Thorntons store in Cambridge being a stone throw from where I work. I love the crispiness of fresh air in the morning, and it is perfectly complemented with the light and creamy mousse with lemon flavour oozing out the chocolate coating. The truffle is a little sweet for my liking, but it's perfect for the morning when one needs energy for a brand new day. What's important here is that although the centre is sweet, the lemon flavour does last for quite a bit, and it's well companied with the thick chocolate base, and if you could walk away with chocolate linger in your mouth, that I'd call satisfaction!


No comments: