Sunday 22 June 2008

Hazelnut wafflette


Hazelnut wafflette is probably one of the best products from Thorntons! I first had this truffle at 'The Chocolate Lovers' Club' book launch by the best-selling author Carole Matthews last September, before the actual release of this new truffle range in October. I have to say, although Thorntons is not my No.1 chocolatier, I have not had one better hazelnut truffle!

The beauty of this truffle is the design of it, allowing you to indulge a thick, creamy layer of milk chocolate before taking gentle bites through the soft and even creamier mixture of chocolate and hazelnut. The centre is incredibly smooth whilst tasting amazingly nutty! It surprises me that something so soft, and yet so smooth, takes a while to melt in one's mouth, giving one all the pleasure to enjoy the chocolate-hazelnut blend.

The truffle is not complete without the milk chocolate base, which reminds me of the top chocolate layer, and to be honest, does make me want to eat that very truffle all over again! One tip: if you are on the first date, think carefully before you eat this truffle as it is almost impossible to enjoy the centre without looking like you are giving away signals!

No comments: