Wednesday 18 February 2009

Amedei- Toscano Brown, 32 % cocoa, milk chocolate


One might wonder, a milk bar of chocolate? I am usually skeptical when it comes to milk chocolate, but my best friend- a milk chocolate lover- managed to get me into milk chocolate tasting, and I have to say, it's been a rather adventurous journey!


I found this review from the Chocolate Trading Company:

'Exceptionally smooth and creamy with a 32% cocoa content. The Amedei Toscano Brown is a substantially rich milk chocolate bar providing mouth filling flavours of butter fudge and caramel, with notes of malt. A splendid milk chocolate from Amedei. (Silver award of the Academy of Chocolate Awards in the Best Milk Bar category- 2008)'


The bar has a young shade of brown and a soft shiny look. A pleasant snap, considering that it's slight thicker than most bars of chocolate. The texture, in particular, is rather fudgey (a bit crystally), and it totally won me over when it smoothly melted in my mouth. A rich and creamy blend of milk, fudge and caramel sent me back to my childhood! It's a little too sweet for me now, but back then, I used to be save up my milk chocolate bars for special occassions! You definitely have to try this if you have a sweet tooth!


A little disappointment in the lack of cocoa flavour, but well compensated by the contrast between the creaminess and the mature caramel.

No comments: