Wednesday 18 February 2009

Amedei- Chuao, 70% cocoa, single estate bar


Apologies for the gap, I came down with a cold a couple of days ago, which to some extent, affected my tastebuds! But all is well now, a large consumption of oranges and tomatoes did the trick, and I can now taste the French oak in the 2006 Pinot Noir Dillon Point (a good red from New Zealand), which is definitely a good sign.


I reckdon 'Amedei- Chuao, 70% cocoa, single estate bar' is one of the must-try bars. There's a nice story behind it:


'The highly sought after Chuao cocoa bean is something very special producing an initial perfumed aroma and a slow release of slightly acidic red fruit flavours and an exceptionally smooth melt. Amedei has world exclusive rights to the highly prized Chuao cocoa bean from which this Chuao, 70% single origin chocolate bar is created. The Amedei Chuao bar is classed as Single origin and Single Variety chocolate.'


I have had Bonnat's Chuao bars before, and agree that the Chuao bars are the best in the Bonnat range. Having said so, I struggled to savour the traditional Bonnat thick bars, and found this Amedei Chuao bar a lot more pleasant!
It has the perfect shade of brown with a warm shine. The fragrance, although is not quite as volatile as some other bars I've had, does have a nice hint of nuttiness. Nice, sharp break as expected from an Amedei bar, and it sent me to heaven when it gently melts in my mouth! Smooth, delicate taste of roasted beans, followed by a warm flavour of nuts and completed with a fresher hint of dry cherries.


Most expensive bar I've bought (£5.50/50g from the Chocolate Trading Company), but it's totally worth it!

No comments: