Saturday 21 June 2008

Friday truffles from Hotel Chocolat: Metaxa truffles


I love Fridays. For one thing, it's my favourite time to read, knowing that I won't have to get up early for work the following day. More importantly, it gives me all the time in the world to eat chocolate the way I like it. One truffle at a time, and another round a couple of hours later, and maybe a repeat the following morning!

This week, I had a treat from my best friend with a pack of Metaxa truffles from
Hotel Chocolat. Metaxa truffle is a smooth brandy ganache in a crisp forked shell, a very interesting white-looking truffle. Usually one would find brownish milk chocolate brandy truffle and I was well intrigued by the more neutral and creamy look from these new pieces of ganache.
As I opened the pack of Metaxa truffles, the little balls of ganache made my day with the wonderfully fresh fragrance bursting out from the pack- good brandy and rich cream. I picked one ganache up, took a bite through the rough coating and enjoyed the brandy-flavoured cream oozing out of the crispy shell. Quality! It certainly delivered the freshness that good truffles promise. The shiny dark filling packed with deep and brandy was revitalising!

I would recommend a good 5 minute break between tasting these truffles as the brandy and the good chocolate would linger in your mouth for quite a bit!

Happy chocolate eating!

No comments: